Randall J. Hill
Mr. Hill has over four decades of experience as a Geotechnical Engineer, with strong emphasis on dam design and safety evaluations. He has developed extensive expertise in the management of complex geotechnical and multi-discipline projects.
As a result of Mr. Hill's dam engineering experience, he has been accepted by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) as a qualified Independent Consultant on embankment dams, reservoirs and water-conveyance canals. As such he has been retained by utilities and water-provider clients in performing dam safety evaluations and reviews; participating in numerous Potential Failure Mode Analyses (PFMA) for major dam structures; and developing recommendations and designs for dam safety modifications, operational procedures and performance monitoring programs.
A few projects representative of Mr. Hill’s experience include:
- Hagg Lake/Scoggins Dam Raise Geotechnical Review, Gaston, Oregon
- Carmen-Smith Hydroelectric Project Dam Safety Evaluations/Potential Failure Mode Analyses (FERC Part 12), McKenzie Bridge, Oregon
- Biglow Canyon Wind Farm Site Investigations/Geotechnical Design Reviews, Morrow County, Oregon
- Barney Reservoir Dam Raise and Reservoir Expansion, Coast Range Mountains, Oregon
- One Pacific Square Building Foundations, Portland, Oregon
- Trojan Nuclear Power Plant Multiple On-site Building Foundation Investigations/Designs, Rainier, Oregon
- Shevlin Ridge Developer Litigation, Bend, Oregon.
- Proposed Kasidaya Creek Hydroelectric Diversion Dam, Juneau, Alaska
- U. S. Highway 97 Major Bridge Replacements, Klamath Falls, Oregon
- Oglala and White Clay Dams Site Investigations/Dam Safety Reviews, Pine Ridge, South Dakota
- Martin Marietta Aluminum Plant Containment Embankment for Large Evaporation Reservoir, Goldendale, Washington
- Beaver-Trojan New High Voltage Power Transmission Line, Columbia County, Oregon
- McGuire Dam Raise and Reservoir Expansion, Coast Range Mountains, Oregon
- Sulphur Bank Mine Tailings Erosion Control/Mitigation Plans, Lake County, California
- Blue River Auxiliary Dam Foundation Liquefaction Evaluations, Blue River, Oregon
- Bull Run Dam No.2 FERC Part 12 and PFMA Safety Evaluation, Sandy, Oregon