Brent A. Black
Senior Associate Geologist
Mr. Black has 27 years of experience as an Engineering Geologist. His areas of expertise include dam raise studies, site investigation and instrumentation, rockfall evaluations, seepage evaluations and construction dewatering, soil and rock borrow source investigations and quarry development, geologic hazards, and construction quality assurance. He has performed numerous projects in remote areas requiring considerable planning, coordination, and communications with a wide range of personnel, and he successfully fosters working relationships with contractors and owners.
A few projects representative of Mr. Black’s experience include:
- Barney Reservoir Dam Raise, Yamhill County, Oregon
- Bull Run Water Supply Pipeline Geologic Reconnaissance, Sandy, Oregon.
- Bonneville Dam Powerhouse No. 2 Corner Collector & Juvenile Fish Bypass, Cascade Locks, Oregon
- Prospect 2 Penstock Rockfall, Prospect, Oregon
- Naselle Quarry Investigation and Reclamation Permitting, Naselle, Washington
- Sandy River Tunnels Investigation for Feasibility and Preliminary Design, Sandy, Oregon.
- Interstate 84 Quarry Bridges Geotechnical Explorations, La Grande, Oregon
- Soda Springs Fish Passage Geologic Assessment, Toketee Falls, Oregon
- Navy CVN Drydock Construction Dewatering, Bremerton, Washington
- Power Canal Geo-hazard Investigation, FERC Dam Safety Inspection, Leaburg, Oregon
- McGuire Dam Raise, Rock and Soil Source Investigation, McMinnville, Oregon
- Seepage Evaluation, Spillway Approach Canal, Bull Run Dam No. 2, Sandy, Oregon.
- Dock Failure Subsurface Investigation and In-situ Testing Program, Skagway, Alaska
- Fern Ridge Dam Dewatering Test Program, Eugene, Oregon
- Clackamas Creeks Hydroelectric Project Geologic Hazards Evaluation, Estacada, Oregon.
- Swift Powerhouse Rockfall, Cougar, Washington
- Roslyn Lake Dewatering Evaluation, Sandy, Oregon.
- Sain Creek Tunnel Evaluation, Cherry Grove, Oregon